Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Dal Shabet's Jiyul and Gaeun leave the group

Two of the six members of Dal Shabet, Gaeun and Jiyul, have decided to leave the group and pursue their own goals. The two left heartfelt letters to explain the reasoning behind their departure and thank everyone who helped them along the way.

Here is the full text of the translated letters:

Gaeun

To my lovely Darlings
Hello. This is Dal★Shabet's Gaeun.
Wow, it's already the end of 2015. Time sure does fly.
The reason I'm writing this letter is as follows: As of now I am at the end of my activities with Dal★Shabet and wanted to tell you [Darlings] personally.
I couldn't let you all know earlier because I wanted to make it all the way to the end, bright and joyful as always. I'm sorry that I am dropping this very suddenly on you guys.
I had a lot of memories as a member of Dal★Shabet and as a singer.
Looking back, there is so much that I'm thankful for, and I'm so so so grateful for the excessive amounts of love you Darlings have given me.
I talked with our CEO, our company members, and my fellow members about my future and what's to come, and did a lot of thinking. This decision was not made lightly, and I'm grateful for everyone respecting and supporting me in my decision.
It's so sad to think that now I won't be able to show performances to you Darlings, and my heart is heavy thinking of what my Darlings will think. However! It's not like we are being separated forever, so I hope that your hearts are not too broken.
Going forward, I wish to go into the field of Fashion and Style, two things that I've liked and been interested in forever. Don't worry about me, because I'm going to study hard and appear again with a whole new image.
I don't know how express how thankful I was during all this time.

Ever since the moment I debuted on January 6th, 2011 there have been countless good memories and good times. I think of all the good times... but especially of all the times I was worn out, and the only thing that brought me strength was all you Darlings.
For 5 years you guys quietly supported me, treasured me, worried about me, cared for me, and loved me. My Darlings, I will never forget you.
As life goes on, I will hold this gratitude in my heart forever.
Thank you so, so much. I love you.
And those who went through 5 years of distress and joy with me, the precious members I spent 5 years with in the dorms, the members who are closer to me than any family, any other friend, than anyone else in the world, what could I possibly say? To the same degree that I have no words, I'm so thankful, and I'm so sorry.
All the many precious memories, the most precious memories in my whole life... Thank you for giving me memories that I'll never forget.
Thank you for teaching me so much, for caring for me so much, for taking care of me, thinking of me, whom I could always lean on. I'll never forget a single thing.
Serri (unnie), Ahyoung (unnier), Jiyul (onniur), Woohee (unnie), Subin
If I had never met you guys, I don't know where I'd be. You guys taught me what true friendship is, thank you so much. I'll always support and pray for you.

No pain, no hurt
I love you <3

Jiyul

Darlings~ Hello, this is Jiyul of Dal★Shabet.
It's been so long since I wrote a letter to you Darlings, I'm writing this one letter at a time and very troubled.
The reason I'm writing this letter to tell you all that my contract is up. I'm heading off to other things, not as Dal★Shabet's Jiyul, but just Jiyul.
I first met my fellow members and you Darlings in 2011, and have loved you for 5 years until now. I think the time we spent together was a happy one. I received so much love for being a part of “Dal★Shabet”, and made so many nice memories. There's a pile of things I'm thankful for from the Darlings, the other members, and from the Happy Face family. I spoke with my family, my members, the staff, and many others before coming to this difficult decision. I feel very sad and feel that the Darlings will feel the same, that I have to tell you all these painful words, but, I wanted to tell you Darlings myself, rather than someone else. However! When one door closes and another opens, and as such I will be focusing on acting and other activities. You'll see my face often, so don't feel so sad about it, and if you meet me somewhere please support and love me.
Ah yes! The members I spent so much time with are preparing once again for a comeback. As the leader, of course I'm worried more than anyone else, but I thank them for constantly smiling for me. Doll-like Serri unnie, who taught me so much. My 5 year roommate, Ahyoung, on whom I could lean on more than anyone else, who I can tell me everything with just a look. Woohee! Who's heart has been as bright and clear has her pretty face since day one. Subin, who has cared for me just as much as all her other unnies despite being the maknae, who has grown and struggled so much, who worked so hard to give us a one-of-a-kind comeback with 'Joker'.  Subin... she has such a grand song planned for their next comeback, so please look forward to it! Whenever you see them on a stage: big cheers! Lots of them! If you do that I think they will be grateful. And the lovely smile-angel that I live so much, please love and support her in her new pursuit of Fashion!
Dal★Shabet... was, is, and will be the best! Dall★Shabet fighting!!
As I make this promise to meet you again... This has been the biggest fan of the Darlings and of Dal★Shabet, Jiyul.
I love you all more than I could possibly ever say or write.

From. Jiyul

No comments:

Post a Comment